Prioritizing Holy Week



It has been a long winter which certainly helps you focus on the sacrifices and merits of Lent. I have learned most about patience and prioritizing. Not to say I've been good at it, but I'm getting better at it!

As life gets busier and our children grow fond of many activities that take us away from the comfort of our home, we need to rethink what is really possible to achieve. My Pinterest board is full of great ideas, but what can we really accomplish - and what is just not necessary no matter how cool it is. That moment of realization when you tell yourself, "I know I can make that, but will I really? Should I just buy it from someone who did, or forget about it instead?

People are always saying "You sure got your hands full." "I don't know how you do it." and "You are so creative." Well, it all comes with sacrifice and grace. I know how I do it - only with God's Grace. I definately have a creative ability, as shown by my stocked craft room and simple home business. And because God gave me 5 beautiful children and a hard working husband, my arms are full of love. Yes, it all comes with chaos and craziness - but it's worth it! It's a gift not a burden.

So this Holy Week we're making our family lessons about our faith a priority over any other business that comes our way. We're also going to focus on simplicity. There may not be as many pictures taken. We may not do all the crafting we wanted to do. We may stay home most of the time. Yet, we will MAKE TIME to know, love and serve God.

Click here to go over to my Homegrown Catholics' Holy Week Activities list!

God bless your family this Holy Week!
-Melissa

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts