Fall Movies



We started today with mommy time and a movie. The kids watched Winnie the Pooh's Heffalump Halloween that I borrowed from the library. They're holding their flashlights from their great-grandparents they got yesterday. I spent time blogging and preparing the next two weeks of school.
It's interesting that even though I do not do the "scary halloween" these kids are so intrigued by scarry things. We love getting dressed up, getting treats from the people we know, handing out treats at our door. But we avoid the scarry things, and make sure to celebrate All Saints Day either with our homeschool group or our family.

So what is this facination? Now, I am mostly speaking about Mikayla. She is braver than I'll ever be. This is the girl that asked us to pull out her last 2 loose teeth. The girl who smooshes spiders for me. The girl who likes watching adult shows with me like House, CSI, Law and Order, etc. When she was just little we predicted she'd be the Tom Girl, or Tommy's Girl (my husband is Tom). She loves things we normal associate as boyish. But she can be as girly as can be every other day. Prettied up with makeup and skirts, playing dolls, and talking on the phone.

Well, this post was meant for the picture but has turned into an evaluation of my daughter, so I'll just dedicate this one to her - my little Miss Mischevious Mikayla! The girl who's a lot like me and also a lot like who I'd like to have been.


God Bless you and yours!


Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts