Valentine's Week Prep

This week we are preparing for Valentine's Day by getting crafty, baking with sprinkles of love, and refocusing after a long month of everyone feeling sick in one way or another. Here are some of the ideas we've found, if you're interested. Also below is some link's for Feb 11th feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. Just clik on the underlined links for more info.

From Totus Tuus Homeschool: RED Presidential Prolife Letter - not just for kids!



Many great craft ideas found at the Crafty Crow:
I really like the handprint valentine and the Shrinky Dink valentines.



There are some simple craft ideas at Crafts Direct on their blog, the Savvy Scoop. I like their Flower Suckers, where you put the stick of the sucker through some paper cut outs of heart shaped petals.

My friend Jamie had a nice post about her valentine's ideas, where I liked her idea to make paper hearts and decorate them with their own "conversation heart" phrases.

You can also go to the Catholic Cuisine blog, and look under the topics of roses, Sacred Heart, and things along those lines for food ideas. I hope they will create a St. Valentine topic link this week.

And finally, so not forget that this week is also the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes on Feb 11th. The feast of Mary's apparitions to St. Bernadette. I borrowed the movie [The Song of Bernadette] from my mom last night to show my kiddos. It should be extra interesting to Mikayla, because she dressed up as St. Bernadette for last All Saints Day (Nov 1).

>Check out the wonderful links at Shower of Roses for this feast! She did a top notch job.

>I think we might make the paper mache grotto as suggested in the Treasure Chest of Traditions for Catholics book.

>Next year I hope to have the Marian Grotto Kit with the colorful stones for them to make.
Hope that sparks some ideas like it did for me!

God Bless you and yours!

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts