Still waddling around

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here much, so I thought I'd touch base. There has been a lot going on, including the move of our office from one room to another. So I'm not set up to post ultrasound pics, and I have near zero time to read blogs. Here's simply a small tidbit of what's on my mind lately.

Luckily I was able to read my good and pregnant friend Jamie's blog to find out that she broke her ankle, badly. She'll be off her feet for about 6 weeks. So our Catholic Women's Book Club is having a planning session at my house this Thursday night (7pm) to see what we can do to help her out. If you would like to lend a hand to Jamie and are in the area, you are more than welcome to join us. Just email me and I'll get you the directions. For the rest of you - PLEASE PRAY FOR JAMIE.

I personally am a little broken too, as I am off the charts hormonally lately. Of course, the general society would say - "of course you are... you have 3 children under the age of 6 and one on the way. AND you stay at home. Are you sure you're okay?" Around here, or amongst fellow homeschoolers, that's a starter family. Because I already have issues with depression, I'm fighting the tears and loss of temper more often than usual. Tom's hours have changed, which have really offset our lifestyle, and about the time we get adjusted the job will be over and a new one will start. A carpenter's wife life is so out of sorts. I'm starting to wonder if the farm life we could have chosen would have been a better fit?? But I suck it up, pray hard and move forward. Just in littler steps. But I'll make it.

Well, to ease the tension, we got a Wii game system with the Wii Fit board. I've done very well in the hula-hoop, table tilt, ski jump and yoga sessions. Baby gets really shaken up! It says I'm pretty well balanced, which is odd for an overweight pregnant woman like myself. I just wish it had the excuse for weight gain as "I'm Pregnant." If I can recommend anything to your family in place of an unaffordable vacation like we had hoped for - this is an awesome replacement! But I still am craving those white sandy beaches and 80* kiss of the sun.

It's a good thing I've gotten active again, because I finally got the doctors to realize I wasn't kidding when I said I most likely have Gestational Diabetes again. They thought the symptoms were just from being pregnant with a gazillion kids at home. So my insulin injections are finally balancing out my crummy feelings of being overtired and more. My whole family is on a sugar free diet, more so than before. And since I got pregnant, I have lost 10 pounds and gained none. Yep - I'm almost 22 weeks (5 months) and only a weight loss. But you'd never know it looking at me in my maternity clothes. They're still filling in!

I can't tell you how excited I am that it is finally spring! And now it actually looks like it with all the rain and no snow. Spring time is about new babies and fresh starts with Easter just weeks away. Amidst all the hustle, we were so excited to see our baby again at the 20 week ultrasound. Many of you have been following our naming challenges. But wouldn't you know, this little bugger wants to keep his or her privates... private. Yep, that umbilical cord stretched right between those tightly squeezed knobby knees. Agh! So since I have always felt this was a boy, he will be one until someone tells me different. We're hoping the next ultrasound at 32 weeks will give us a better view and we can settle the name game at last.

There is certainly no lacking of activity in this household. Mikayla has been getting booksmart and preparing for her 1st Grade 3rd Qtr test next Tuesday. If she's not doing school, she's playing the Wii or with her siblings. Stanley is 4 1/2 and improving his skills at his own pace. He's not the most disciplined of the three, but we're working on it. I am enjoying him wanting to learn more what his big sister's into, while she wants to get involved in teaching him. Princess Sabrina is 18 months old and quite the talker. We can only understand about 20 words of it, but a kiss and hug seems to answer most of her inquiries. She's our cuddle bug who just the other day decided that I AM "Mama" but that was short lived because she decided that it would be just as exciting to say everyone elses name too. Don't get me wrong, she's still aproching those fiesty two's, and getting her to sit still has time limits. So we're taking a lot of time just enjoying those little moments - gasp - even if the camera isn't charged up.

I hope to get all the wires connected soon so I can send you some of our children's smiles. We're finally caught up on school so I can dabble in some much needed scrapbooking - after all, I do have around 30 albums to complete! Mostly because all my scrapbooking supplies DO NOT fit in our new office/school room. Maybe I can bribe my mom and sister to come help me put a few together before baby comes. :-( Once everything feels back on track, I'll be sure to visit your blogs more often and maybe even set up some spring/summer outings for some play time.

God Bless you and yours!
& family

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts