Here little piggy!


Taken at the Benton County Fair for this blog.

For the Breastfeeders out there...

Here little piggy... That would be the best description of my current experience feeding Jonathan.

My first baby was doing great until I took some cold medicine and dried up just short of 2 months. No success bringing it back. The second was given up out of frustration around the 6 week growth spurt. I had a hard time managing baby and toddler. The third was my hardest attempt at breastfeeding, which included supplementing, pumping, herbs, medicines, etc. I just felt like I couldn't keep up with milk production. 2 months and I gave up.

Now with my fourth, I started out on the right track. Even though there was a delay with Jonathan going straight to the NICU for two days, I started pumping within 6 hours of my c-section. Milk was in by 2 days when he arrived in my room. We never used a pacifier, which he now refuses if given. He's been at my breast nearly 24/7 with just a few necessary breaks. If he's not feeding, he's bundled up in my baby sling I've written about before. (love it!)




Well, not all has been peachy keen. I pursued through those growth spurts and have made it PAST the 2 month mark. I am so happy and proud. But now we're facing additional fussiness, especially in the evening hours. Of course this had to start when Tom FINALLY went back to work just a 1 1/2 weeks ago. (Praise the Lord!) So the stress has mounted between breastfeeding, homeschooling and caring for everything and everyone on my own. (and less sleep) Thanks to my facebook friends, I was able to find an article with my exact story... Cluster Feeding and Fussy Evenings



This and encouragement from friends and lactation consultants has given me hope to continue this special bond I have with my youngest son. While we had unsuccessful attempts to supplement and switch to a bottle just a week ago, I am now excited that they didn't work. Now I have more incentive to push forward and make THIS work. Breastfeeding, though difficult at times, is well worth the effort.

So cheers to my making it past 2 months! And fingers crossed, hands folded, for a successful next 4 months ahead.

God Bless you and yours!

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts