Family Update

Here are the kids during a fun computer lesson. It’s an old Crayola coloring program, one of several CD Roms my parents gave us that used to be Michael and Annie’s when they were little. They just love playing on here since we set it up “just for them.” They are still working on conning me into telling them the password! It’s kinda cute.

100_0561
I bought a vintage desk for our kids’ computer, because they needed just a tad more space than they had, and Sabrina needed her own desk. I found this beautiful black solid wood desk that matches the rest of my main floor decor. I found it on Craigslist like all our other desks, for an awesome deal. Tom’s only comment was, “You’re done buying desks, right?” Well, yes that should do it… I bought 2, got 1 free, and 2 hand-me-downs. But that doesn’t stop my fascination with finding great deals on usually expensive items. Next on my list.. buying a basketball hoop.

I also bought my first outdoor Mary statue. Something I’ve been wanting for a LONG time. I found it 30% off at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts. Had to put some fake foliage behind it so you could actually see it! It’s not the one I really wanted, but it was more important that my guests and neighbors see we are devoted Catholics sooner than later. That’s what I assume when I see one at someone’s home, my kind of people. But for some reason it wasn’t enough to convince the local Baptist who put a flyer in our door handle.

100_0632

St. Francis has taken center stage in our tree garden. This year I decided to mulch with cocoa bean shells instead of cedar chips. The aroma is amazing and it covers more beautifully. See our tulips coming up for their second season!? It’s so exciting!

100_0631

Today’s news is a little revealing. Tom apparently has NEVER been in a car accident before involving another vehicle… until today. I feel like listing the top 10 reasons why I hate Walmart, and this is at the top of my list… The traffic sucks!

People are always rushing and pushing. The drive around the lot like maniacs, not caring who has the right of way. And in today’s case, the lanes are so narrow, they are notorious for accidents. Tom and this other guy backed out at the same time resulting in this MINOR fender-bender. No one was hurt, just startled at the sound of cracking plastic and a soft jolt.

Here’s our van.  A huge, cracked dent, scraped car side and tail light. Some can be buffed out, but that dent will be a complete replacement.

100_0626 100_0629

Here’s there car, a broken tail light cover and a small dent.
100_0625    

Luckily this wasn’t your typical encounter at Walmart. Because these three guys with heavy accents were just as oblivious to it all as us. We swapped info, no finger pointing, took pics and went on our way. Geico and Progressive are left to battle out the details next week.

Would you believe we went to Walmart ( a rare happening for us ), to buy The Passion of The Christ on blu-ray! What a way to start our holy week!

Hope yours is going well!

Have a Blessed Holy Week!
Melissa & Tom
Mikayla, Stanley, Sabrina, Jonathan

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts

Image

Our Holy Week

Image

LMNOPreschool