Hate going to the clinic!

I have a mild paranoia of going to the local clinic. It’s kept clean and all that, but I fear that going for a visit, well or ill, I’ll come home with something I didn’t go in with. Such is the case for Jonathan.

We avoided the clinic during flu season, so we skipped his 4 month visit. When we caught up at 6 and 8 months, we went in and got the usual vaccines. My kids have NEVER had reactions aside from tired, crabby, loss of appetite and maybe a little swelling.

So besides finding out he has an ear infection, which *compliments his teething so well.* One of the vaccines gave him a RARE rash called:

Gianotti-Crosti Syndrome
 100_0635 

It’s extremely rare, generally not itchy  - just bumps. He has them on the top of his thighs. There is no treatment except to increase fluids. It lasts 15-60 days. Only get it once– thank goodness.

On top of that, I’ve begun weaning him from the breast and our bed. It is not fun at all.  I just feel so sorry for the little guy, but he is such a happy boy you’d never know he is battling so much. 

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts