Our 4H Club is packing boxes. We're sending off needed and fun supplies to our modern day Captain Americas - our heroes in the military. Here are some details to help you if you decide as a homeschool group, club or family to share a little love with those who sacrifice for us every day. Here's a picture of some of the kids that helped pack!
Prayer for Our Troops
O Prince of peace,
we humbly ask your protection
for all our men and women in military service.
Give our Soldiers unflinching courage to defend
with honor, dignity and devotion,
the rights of all who are imperiled
by injustice and evil.
Be their rock, their shield, their stronghold,
their constant companion, their strength in battle,
and their refuge in every adversity, that they may draw
their strength from you. Guide them, O Lord, that they
may return home in safety.
We ask this through Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Organizations Who Take Your Donations:
Mary's Project - (Catholic Publishing Co) Dedicated to providing Support and Free Materials Worldwide to our Soldiers, Military Families, and the Global Church in Need.
*Please let me know if there are more i can add?
Applying to Support a Soldier or Platoon:
Adopt A Platoon: New Supporter Application
Operation Shoebox: New Supporter Application
Operation Shoebox: School Classroom Signup
FREE BOXES from USPS:
If it fits, it ships® for one low cost of $13 per box
"Our troops work hard for us overseas. Far from home, few things brighten their days more than mail from friends and loved ones. Technically, APO/FPO/DPO ships at domestic rates, however, you’ll need to follow these special guidelines. Use the service member’s full name: All mail must be addressed to someone specific; addressing mail to “Any Service Member” is no longer permitted. Include the unit and APO/FPO/DPO (Air/Army Post Office™, Fleet Post Office or Diplomatic Post Office) address with the 9-digit ZIP Code™ (if one is assigned)."
How to Pack and Send a Care Package:
* Get your free boxes from the USPS
* Decorate the inside with drawings, poetry, scrapbook paper, tissue, etc.
* Fill up the boxes!
* Don't send: (Their Rules) No pork products, or immoral/obscene items. No aerosol cans, liquid hand sanitizers, postage stamps, nor things that could melt. No food that isn't ready to eat or instant in the microwave.
* Be sure to fill out the proper forms available at the post office. https://www.usps.com/ship/customs-forms.htm
Complete List of Needs:
Prayer Cards & Holy Medals:
*Free Printable Prayer Cards (click image to print)
Sew a basic drawstring tote bag. Include a dark colored wash cloth, travel sized shampoo/conditioner, soap/body wash, q-tips, razors, lip balm, breath mints or gum, nail file, nail clipper, floss, tooth care, wipes, etc.
> For fabric, I chose to sew bags with Super Heroes. You could use camouflage fabric, or misc fabric from your own pile. The women got floral bags from us. Then I added yarn for the drawstring.
>One 12x12x5 box fits 8 bags tightly with all that inside.
Sample Care Package Themes:
- Playing Cards
- Poker Chips
- Nerf Balls
- Game Bandanas (for teams, flag football, etc)
- Mini First Aid Kits
- Insect Repellant Wipes
- Crystal Light & Gatorade Powder Packets
- Chewing Gum
- Blank Greeting Cards
- Pens & Pencils (sharpeners, erasers)
- NO Stamps! [They get free postage]
- Calling Cards
- Instant Coffee
- Non-melting/Non-Perishable Snacks
(So proud, Sabrina wrote her FIRST letter!)
- Wash Cloths (dark colors)
- Nail Files
- Nail Clippers
- Soap & Face Wash (double bagged to keep scent and spills out of other box items)
- Lip Balm
- Baby Wipes
- QTips, Feminine Pads, etc
- Mini Sketch Journals
- Colored Pencils, Drawing Pencils, Erasers, Sharpeners
- Yarn and Crochet Hooks, Idea books
- Puzzle Books
- Mini Sewing / Repair Kits
- Clean Hand Snacks: Beef Jerky, Hard Candies, Gum
- Stuffed Animals / Mini Toys to hand out to the local children
- Party Supplies
- Holiday Supplies
**Cards from your children!**