I needed this today - inspiring and fun quotes

Judge your day not by the harvest you reap, but by the seed you sow. - Robert Louis Stevenson, author

These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. - God, Deuteronomy 6:6-7

You may think the grass is greener on the other side, but if you take the time to water your own grass it would be just as green.

Insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Redmacher

Do the things you have to do when you have to do them, so the day will come when you can do the things you want to do when you want to do them. - Zig Zigler

An observant child should be put in the way of things worth observing. - Charlotte Mason

Enjoy the little things in life.. for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand. - Chinese Proverb

Home-based education is not an experiment. It's how people learned to function in the world for centures. And there is no reason to think people today can't do the same thing. School is the experiment, not the lack of it, and that experiment is in trouble. - Wendy Priesnitz, editor of Life Learning Magazine

Kids don't remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are. - Jim Henson



Just For the Home Educator

Have you seen those "Hey Girl" memes (posters) online with a picture of things you'd want your husband to say to you when he comes home. (seen with pictures of Ryan Gosling, actor)



"I understand that you didn't have time to do school today because you were too busy "pinning" ideas onto your Pinterest homeschooling board."

"I love it when you laminate stuff."

"The fact that you went to that book sale and spent $80 on curriculum you never used doesn't stress me out at all."

"I loved how you managed to tie in our morning devotional with algebra."

"Let's grab a latte, a quiet spot, and review curriculum options."

"One of the sticky notes fell off the family schedule, so I have no idea what to do at 6:30 tonight."

"Don't worry. I know which scissors you use for fabric… and which scissors you use for paper."

"I could just sit here and watch you reorganize the schoolroom all night."

"I love that one of your passions is collecting math manipulatives."

"You're right, chalkboard paint would be perfect on that."

"Have I told you how hot it is to watch you parallel park our 15-passenger van?"

"Public school starts this week? Eh, give yourself at least a month more of summer."

"That new planner you ordered must be pretty awesome. I don't mind at all that you've talked about it nonstop for the last four weeks. - Does it teach the kids, too?"

"I don't care that I haven't had clean underwear in two weeks. You've been schooling up a storm!"

"I'm totally cool using one of my 10 vacation days to come to co-op and watch my son play the theme from 'Star Wars.'"

"No. I don't mind that the kitchen table is covered in owl pellets."

"I know you didn't join that co-op just for the 5 hour long planning meetings at Panera. It's just one of the many sacrifices you make for our children's education."

"Hey Girl. How about I take off my shirt while we make those workboxes."

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts