Preparing for Lent 2013

All activities have been moved to my Homegrown Catholics Blog.
Click on the links below for many ideas to enrich your Lenten Journey.






Its been several years of the same Lenten activities. I really want to shake it up a bit, revive some old favorites, and such.  Now I have tweens and toddlers that need solid traditions. So while I'm thinking this through, I thought I'd type it out and share it with you too!

Think of Lent as a time to prepare your soul for true mercy and repentance. These 40 days of sorrow precede our celebration of Holy Week and Easter. It is a good time in the liturgical calendar to be serious with your family's commitment to your Catholic faith. But it doesn't have to be dreaded or mournful. I hope the activities you find here and elsewhere promote the lessons of forgiveness and love, which bring about joy! Make your "Faithful Friday" about giving alms, bible study, prayerful Stations of the Cross, alongside your meatless mealtime.

My starting point…
2012 Lent Activities
2012 Lent Printables
I’m participating in the Keeping LOVE in LENT Blog Link-Up 2013. More information at the end of this post.

Keep_Love_in_Lent_2
Keeping LOVE in LENT Blog Link-Up 2013
 Hosted by Raising (& Teaching) Little Saints, Truly Rich Mom and Arma Dei: Equipping Catholic Families.
We'll be sharing different ways, tips, stories and real-life experiences that will help us focus on Lenten sacrifices, prayer and good deeds, and how to carry them out with LOVE instead of a GRUMBLE. Click on the logo to check it out!

Also, you can follow me and others at the Catholic Bloggers' Network

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts

Image

Our Holy Week

Image

LMNOPreschool