Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Healthy Homeschoolers Walk Wednesdays


I decided I wanted to start a Walking Group of homeschool mom's with kids ages 0-12. My intentions are to get myself walking on a regular basis and give the kids some playground time. I also want to meet some more homeschool mom's. So, for the month of August, we'll park somewhere, walk to a playground within 2 miles - playtime and a picnic lunch there - then walk back. Each week we'll switch to a new park, unless we find a favorite.

This is a big step, and right now my mind is trying to make excuses. Can you believe it?! Well, I figure if I plan it and others are expecting me to be there.... I'll be there. Being accountable to someone is 50% of the success of weightloss plans I've either been in or read about.

So tomorrow I hope to have some good pictures of our first endeavor!

2 comments:

  1. We are going to try our best to be there!! You have to try Klinefelter Park in St Joseph, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, our park is pretty good, people can walk the circle around Rotary Park and picnic at the park and then swim afterward?

    You have such great ideas!! I hope this walk thing turns out good!! You know we could keep it up after school starts, CHC suggests taking off Wednesdays, or the time could change to later!! Hey, I know we could meet and walk on Sat mornings, just us, we could walk and pray a rosary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading about our family. I look forwards to sharing ideas, joys and struggles. God Bless you in your journey!

MY BLOGGER FAN CLUB

Google+ Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails