Keeping LOVE in LENT {link-up}

 
I’m participating in the Keeping LOVE in LENT Blog Link-Up 2013, hosted by
We'll be sharing different ways, tips, stories and real-life experiences that will help us focus on Lenten sacrifices, prayer and good deeds, and how to carry them out with LOVE instead of a GRUMBLE.
Please scroll down to the end of the post to see the list of link-up entries.

  I've always been a procrastinator. Yet, people are always saying "I don't know how you do all you do." Lately, I've been saying "I don't know either. It MUST be by the Grace of God."  Honestly, even if it is at the last minute, I've made time for the things that are important.

 
  Of course, it's been a year since our family has numbered 7, and there are days the grace doesn't feel sufficient. I've had many a good and bad day as most people, and not many are ready to admit their shortcomings. But I do believe it is in our weakness that we've been made strong through Christ Jesus.

  So this Lent, we are challenged to make sure that God's unending grace and love is the reason and reward for the sacrifices we make. Here we are just a week into the Lenten season, and how's it going?

  All I can say is that today… I plucked a toothpick from our crown of thorns, silently, and dismissed myself from the chaos. The big deal is, I usually stay in it like a pot ready to boil over. I chose not to let my "ugly self" take over, and instead took a moment in prayer and reflection. Even parents need to be a part of the rituals they present to their children during Lent. And if I'm lucky, all those darn toothpicks will gone before Easter. That my good deeds and offerings will be a blessing and example for my children.

  What are we doing this Lent? Many have already seen my post "Preparing for Lent 2013", and it's going okay thus far. We just cleaned out a bin for our Sacrifices today. Everything is in place for a season of reading the Word of God, making humble sacrifices, meditating on the Stations of the Cross while we color, and role playing. I am also excited to sew a Rosary Quilt inspired by Intercessories on Etsy. A quilt stitched with a blank rosary chain, to add felt, paper or crocheted beads while praying. This will be great for my toddlers/preschoolers.

  I think it is such a blessing that we have children in this case, that while I prepare them to be honorable to God, I am also finding a new appreciation for my journey. They see my faults like no other, and they lift me up with their smiles, their dancing, their hugs. I desire to be holy for God and for the sake of my family. Despair may have had a hold on my life in the past, but now I am "picking" my battles wisely with the Grace and Mercy of Jesus, my Savior.

  Thanks for spending a moment in my thoughts. If you read this far, you might enjoy the inspiration of those linked below!

Check out the Lent reflections participating in the Keep LOVE in LENT Blog Link-Up 2013! We'll be sharing different ways, tips, stories and real-life experiences that will help us focus on Lenten sacrifices, prayer and good deeds, and how to carry them out with LOVE instead of a GRUMBLE.
Discover new Catholic Blogs to follow!


Building Rocks (pending)

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts

Image

Our Holy Week