My Last Year...

...as a "young adult!"

Well, here's a final cheers to my youth. I have only one year left as a "young adult" as I celebrate this - my 29th birthday - today Nov 13th. I know I can still be youthful, but not young.





I've always been about birthdays and parties. Celebrating with all the enthusiasm and spirit I got. But the older I've become, and the less I've been celebrated, the less enthused I've become about the whole birthday thing. I swore I'd never let that happen, and here I am wondering why I'm even writing about it. It's really just another day. Right?

I can however look back today and see so many happy moments that I am proud make up such a big part of my life. From baby/kid milestones, to teenage achievements, and to marriage and parenthood joys.



^ Something I put together quickly - click to enlarge.

I can look back and see that every party my mom ever threw for me, every angel food cake she baked - topped with strawberries and coolwhip, every thoughtful gift and special meal, the infamous birthday sign hung proudly, the good morning kiss on my cheek, or a even just a phone call around 11am to tell me what she was doing that day so long ago... says just how special I am to her. And of course dad would always come to the phone and join in the chorus of "Happy Birthday" and bring more tears to my eyes. Today my mom (& brother) is even coming over just to spend the day with me and the kids. [Praying for decent weather.] If that doesn't all say "I Love You!"... And of course, my kids and hubby always have something special planned like a dinner date and handmade cards, as well as massages and kisses.

It makes me realize that I need to make CERTAIN that I do the same for my children, every year, so that they can look back on their 29 years and know how much I loved them and how special they are to me and the rest of this world. That their lives were a gift from God, as was my own. And we all need to live each day appreciating those in our lives. And reminding them every chance we get that "WE LOVE YOU" dearly.

So while today, the focus may be on me just having an especially good day. I am going to make sure that everyone around me knows they are special too and I love them right back!

May God Bless you, friends. May His face shine upon you, and bring you peace.

Love you all,
Melissa




I know, I know - I had a dorky phase too! And for some weird reason I went from white blonde hair to light brown?

Please share your birthday memories or traditions in the comment box!

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts

Image

Our Holy Week

Image

LMNOPreschool