Breaking News!

News of the day: Mikayla rode her bike without training wheels – today!

My mom, Pat, had been at Target and scored me a great deal on a new bike, which I haven’t had in years. A cruiser normally $170 was on clearance for only $37! So with the sun shining and the roads cleared off, I was determined to pedal around the block at least once. The weather was a little chilly at 39 degrees, but not too bad. My daughter who’d been trying the past 2 summers to ride without training wheels saw me pedal off and had more enthusiasm than ever.

So I took her down the sidewalk, holding onto the greatest invention in this situation (mine is u-shaped, but same idea):
Pushing Rod

a back saver for parents. I felt like she was getting it. We moved onto the street, and when she seemed to have it I let go. She had no idea! I decided to jog alongside of her with a prideful smile across my face. She nearly fell over when she saw me! I swear it was another hour or more until I got her to come inside.

We took out the other kids bikes, including one we bought off craigslist last fall for Sabrina which is the same size as Stanley’s but a girly purple. She liked it, but is not enthused about pedaling and is not happy that hers does not have a bell (yet).

100_0487

A few weeks ago, we joined the HEY group (Home Educated Youth) for a field trip to the bowling alley. Here are some fun photos from that day, which Tom was thrilled he could join us for.

100_0483 100_0491 
Stanley’s first year bowling with us. We loved having the whole family there to cheer everyone on!

100_0485100_0498
Jonathan’s girly-friend kept him company. They are just a few weeks apart, and I am sure will grow up to be great friends! Tom was a big help with the kids, but he got a few frames in himself. It sure is different than Wii Bowling!

100_0490
  Mikayla with her buddies had blast, especially when the music came on and the lights went off for Xtreme (moonlight) Bowling! I think they danced more than they bowled.

100_0501

News of the Month: Jonathan can sit up on his own (Boppy for the over-protective mother), and is working on crawling! Where did the past 7 1/2 months go? He’s my cuddle bug, for now. (Thanks Auntie Annie for the blankee, he loves it!)

 100_0503

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts