Raising Saints for This Time

Six years ago I thought these kids were so grown up. I can still recall how they hugged me and how they bugged me. How I taught them that they are capable of great things, have a purpose and a vocation ahead of them.They have matured into such respectable, loving, caring, bright young people. I am so proud of their journey. I have no worries about the addition of 3 more to the bunch since then, because they too will do great things.
Oct 2012
I reason that if I feel this way so strongly about my children, that I can finally accept that is why my parents see this in me, and how my Heavenly Father sees me. They told me and showed me enough times, but for a long time I worried about and believed what society thought. I didn't think I was capable of all the things I have accomplished. I absorbed the negative thoughts and the disappointments, and it consumed me. I lost sight of who's opinion of me matters most. (FYI: It's God's.)
Parents have the ability and responsibility to believe in their children, and raise them up in the way they should go. (Proverbs 22:6) I don't take it lightly that I am raising soldiers for Christ. We need to raise a generation of moral, selfless, convicted, educated, well-rounded people who will be the saints of this time. The St. Mother Theresa, the Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati, The St. Gianna Beretta Molla, the St Pope John Paul II of the next generation.
"So you, my child, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And what you heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will have the ability to teach others as well. Bear your share of hardship along with me like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. To satisfy the one who recruited him, a soldier does not become entangled in the business affairs of life." 2 Timothy 2:1-4

Our School's Prayer

Our School's Prayer

Popular Posts